Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 4 by Heather Siverhus

Today was day four for our amazing team of sixteen women.

Most of the team started the day by going to church at 6:00 a.m., followed by a hearty Haitian breakfast, morning devotion and off into the Top Top for the day.

On our way to Grace Village, we stopped at the mass grave site and prayed over the hundreds of thousands of Haitians who lost their lives in the 2010 earthquake.

We went to Grace Village for a tour and were amazed by God's supernatural growth from our last visit.

Our afternoon consisted of 6 Elder visits.  The love and joy of each Elder we visited was indescribable.   They have very little, but yet their hearts have so much to give. They rely on the grace of God to provide for them.  Our team prepared lunches and stopped to buy watermelon, juice and water to bring to the Elders. We were blessed with our Haitian brother Emanuel who played the keyboard and Brunet as we worshiped singing together.  We brought wipes and lotion to clean the Elders hands and feet.

God worked through each and every team member today shining his light, enabling our team to be His hands and feet to the Elders.

A very special moment occurred where God completely amazed me; I experienced His holy spirit working through my fifteen year old daughter.  She completely gave herself to God becoming his hands and feet by washing the Elders hands, arms, legs and feet.  She showed unconditional love through physical touch and her beautiful smile.  The glow that surrounded her brought tears to my eyes leaving me so very thankful to our Father for calling me to Haiti three years ago which then opened the door for my daughter to experience the blessings of Haiti.  Through God, my daughter experienced love and compassion that some may not experience in a lifetime.  She put her trust in God and took it upon herself to step out of her comfort zone, putting her needs aside and seeing directly into the hearts of the Elders.  We are called to serve and help people who are less fortunate.  I thank God for giving my daughter and I the privilege to serve the Haitian Elders today.



Matthew 25:35-36
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.

Serving, loving and trusting Him,
Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment